Healthy Talk

How to Choose the Best Therapist or Clinic

Q.I’m having trouble with my balance lately, I don’t want to fall and hurt myself. What can I do?


Matt Likins, PT, MPT, OCS
Matt Likins,
First thing is speak with your physician to be sure your balance issues are not related to a medical condition or a medication complication. After ruling those out there are a number of things you can do to improve your balance and thus reduce your risk of falling. A P.T. will perform a balance/fall assessment that will provide a score to check your actual risk of falling (and a baseline to measure changes with treatment).

Balance exercises (and probably strengthening) can improve your ability to get around safely and keep your independence.

Call us for a free balance assessment to see if physical therapy would be useful for you (or your parents!).

[ Back to Healthy Talk ]